Many times in education we are told to differentiate instruction to both reach our struggling students and challenge their more advanced peers. Unfortunately, what usually happens is we are told to do this, but then not told how. To help us provide more effective differentiated instruction, this unit will introduce three types of personalized learning: Project-Based Learning (PBL), Flipped Learning, and Blended Learning.
In this unit, you’ll learn:
- The value of personalized learning
- How to personalize learning through Project-Based Learning, Flipped Learning, and Blended Learning
- To align the use of G Suite for Education tools with personalized learning objectives and models
- Ways to Showcase Student Work
- How create a blended unit or lesson
- To locate online resources for facilitating personalized learning
If you already know this material, feel free to skip to the Unit Review at the end.
Throughout this unit, we’ll be using these products. You don’t have to master them, but if you’ve never used them before, take a moment to get familiar with them. For help, click the icons below.
Throughout this unit, we’ll ask you to do tasks that require the following skills. Don’t worry; we’ll show you where to learn each skill here AND again in each lesson.