There is never enough time in the day to accomplish everything we’d like to. Unfortunately, we can’t add extra hours to our day, but we can make better use of the time we have. Careful planning is one way to do this. Another is to let technology automate certain tasks. In this unit, we’ll learn how to work more efficiently and save time, so we can spend it where it truly counts… with our students.
In this unit, you’ll learn:
- How to more effectively communicate and plan with your students and parents.
- How to book appointments with parents.
- How to increase the functionality of Google Calendar and Gmail with Labs
- How to do more in Drive with Apps
- How to enhance Chrome with extensions
- How to share apps and extensions with your classes.
- How to automate your life with Add-ons
- How to assess more effectively using Add-ons
If you already know this material, feel free to skip to the Unit Review at the end.
Throughout this unit, we’ll be using these products. You don’t have to master them, but if you’ve never used them before, take a moment to get familiar with them. For help, click the icons below.
Throughout this unit, we’ll ask you to do tasks that require the following skills. Don’t worry; we’ll show you where to learn each skill here AND again in each lesson.