We know that Google tools are simple yet powerful solutions for organizing your teaching materials and sharing them with your students and the world. Google tools also provide a way for students to collect, reflect, and share their learning in the form of a digital portfolio. This unit will address a few ways that Google allows you and your students to share the learning happening in your classroom.
In this unit, you’ll learn:
- How to set up your classes in Classroom to differentiate learning
- Why to use Google Classroom as a class portal
- How to manage the Classroom stream
- How to embed media in a Google Site
- Why you would use a blog as a teacher
- How to create a blog
- How to use a Google Doc as a class syllabus
- Why you or your students would create an online portfolio
- How Google Drive can work with Google Sites to create an online portfolio
If you already know this material, feel free to skip to the Unit Review at the end.
Throughout this unit, we’ll be using these products. You don’t have to master them, but if you’ve never used them before, take a moment to get familiar with them. For help, click the icons below.
Throughout this unit, we’ll ask you to do tasks that require the following skills. Don’t worry; we’ll show you where to learn each skill here AND again in each lesson.