While Google may have started as a search engine, it is now much, much more. Using Google’s specialized search tools and strategies we can quickly find the best answer to almost any question.
In this unit you will get a chance to learn about these techniques, as well as some other search tools to help you satisfy the inquisitive minds of you and your students - furthering our development as lifelong learners.
In this unit, you’ll learn to:
- Use advanced search techniques to get better search results
- Use other search tools, such as Google News, Trends, Books, and Alerts
- Access the power of Google Search right from within Google Docs and Slides
- Translate documents and phrases from one language to another
- Find and cite academic resources for scholarly projects
- Organize a personal library of academic resources
- Develop independent learning skills in your students
- Provide opportunities for students to follow their interests and be more self-directed in their learning.
If you already know this material, feel free to skip to the Unit Review at the end.
Throughout this unit, we’ll be using these products. You don’t have to master them, but if you’ve never used them before, take a moment to get familiar with them. For help, click the icons below.
Throughout this unit, we’ll ask you to complete tasks that require the following skills. Don’t worry; we’ll show you where to learn each skill here AND again in each lesson.