Technology is a powerful tool that can not only help students learn, but can also give them purpose, audience, agency, and voice. This unit takes a look at what is possible when students are given these tools and asked to apply them to specific goals. Students can inspire significant changes and begin to impact their classroom, school, local community, and potentially the wider world. Nothing could be more motivating or better at developing deeper learning.
In this unit, you’ll learn to:
- Facilitate healthy discussions both online and in the classroom
- Use technology to achieve a group goal
- Develop an authentic audience for student work
- Help students mobilize their community and inspire change at their school
- Combine their skills and the tools they know to inspire positive change for a wider community
If you already know this material, feel free to skip to the Unit Review at the end.
Throughout this unit, we’ll be using these products. You don’t have to master them, but if you’ve never used them before, take a moment to get familiar with them. For help, click the icons below.
Throughout this unit, we’ll ask you to do tasks that require the following skills. Don’t worry; we’ll show you where to learn each skill here AND again in each lesson.