Most projects are easier to tackle when working with others. This usually involves at least a few group meetings to share ideas and make plans.
And although we’ve all been in meetings that feel like they’ve been less than productive, it doesn’t have to be that way! Running an effective meeting, whether in person or online, is easy to do with just a few simple tools and skills.
This unit will help you get started.
In this unit, you’ll learn:
- Why it’s important to plan your meetings for maximum efficiency
- How to hold more productive and efficient meetings
- How to schedule a meeting, add participants and book resources
- How to keep track of who will be attending your meeting
- Why you should use a shared Google Doc for meeting agendas, minutes and follow-up
- Which tools from the G Suite for Education can help you run more productive meetings
- How you can use Google Hangouts to conduct productive online meetings
- How to invite others to a Hangout
- How to share your screen with others during a Hangout
If you already know this material, feel free to skip to the Unit Review at the end.
Throughout this unit, we’ll be using the products listed below. You don’t have to master them, but if you’ve never used them before, take a moment to get familiar with them. For help, click the icons below.
Throughout this unit, we’ll ask you to do tasks that require the following skills. Don’t worry; we’ll show you where to learn each skill here AND again in each lesson.