Teaching kids essential online skills is vitally important in the modern classroom. If students can efficiently search online and understand ways to verify the information they find, they will develop essential inquiry and critical thinking skills relevant not only to their classroom, but their lives in general. Let’s learn these fundamental skills while embracing the power of Google Chrome to customize your online experience.
In this unit, you’ll learn:
- The essential digital literacy skill of searching online
- Simple steps to evaluate sources
- Easy processes for filtering search results and an understanding of why this is important
- How to avoid plagiarism in the context of Web research
- How to customize your online experience using Google Chrome
- The potential for creativity and curiosity to be fostered using Chrome Apps and Extensions
If you already know this material, feel free to skip to the Unit Review at the end.
Throughout this unit, we’ll be using these products. You don’t have to master them, but if you’ve never used them before, take a moment to get familiar with them. For help, click the icons below.
Throughout this unit, we’ll ask you to do tasks that require the following skills. Don’t worry; we’ll show you where to learn each skill here AND again in each lesson.